Sunday 19 February 2012

Sunday Recipe: Tom Yum

Assalamualaikum and hi all! It's been a while since I last posted something on my blog, sorry about that. I was busy with school works (exams, projects etc.) as well as being too lazy due to the lack of inspiration and the snail a.k.a slow internet speed at school. Nonetheless I'm back and ready to be an active blogger again (hopefully, I am committed to my words now :p)
Last night, I was surfing the net and found some really great and awesome blogs! The articles that they posted there are so interesting and they don't just stick to one topic and this really inspires me to be back here again, and this time talking about a wide range of things from food, fashion DIYs and many more.

Right, enough of that.

Today I want to share to all of you this one thing that I have just discovered about myself: I can cook. I mean, seriously, I MADE A TOM YUM SOUP ALL BY MYSELF! I was so proud of myself. I actually made this soup like a few days ago but I'm just going to spill out the recipe to my readers (if any) of my easy and simple Tom Yum soup (the college student style):


image source: here

Ingridents:
(Note: I didn't really use accurate measurements. It was all based on taste and instinct :D )
3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
6 cloves of shallots, thinly sliced
3 sticks of lemon grass, chopped (2 cm thick, and slanted style (ya know what I mean))
1 or 2 galangal, sliced (not too thin, around 5 mm thick)
chilli paste
some tomatoes, chopped
salt
sugar
lemon juice
coriander, chopped
some prawns
muchrooms
(and some other seafood if you want, I used beef sausage because that's all I've got )

Steps:
-get a pot, fill it in with water
-all ingradients in except prawns, coriander, mushroom and additional ingredients.
-wait till the water boils
-then the rest goes into the boiling water.

And you're done! Sadly the picture of my Tom Yum is in my phone and I don't have the USB cable so may be I'll post it up later. Anyway, happy cooking!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment